Promoting women participation and decision making at the local level through community based initiatives
The project objectives:
It aims for promoting the participation of women at the local decision making process and for the improvement of women representation and participation at local and civil society level, through Human rights, women rights, political participation, national solidarity and civil peace advocacy initiatives.
More, it looks for safeguarding the path for women for reaching balance, social cohesion, peace and social security.
The project constitutes of the following steps:
- Forming women groups at the target areas.
- Organizing discussion groups sessions for the targeting women, local NGOs, local authorities, officials, social figures, etc. in three different Lebanese regions
- Organize a capacity building training session on Advocacy, lobbying and project strategic planning to empower and increase awareness to help women groups identify the local problems
- Discuss and lunch advocacy campaigns and initiatives
- Organization of a National workshop for all participants in order to exchange knowledge, and build connections with civil society and national figures
- Publishing all accomplishments in a one book for it helps accumulating experiences and encouraging future similar initiatives
- Use social media in order to facilitate the interaction between the groups
- Documentation and Media reporting for the project activities
This project is funded by Diakonia