The law making process in Lebanon for law proposals as well as for international conventions passes in different stages. The draft law can be submitted to the parliament as a law proposal by one of the MPs or as a Bill from the government.
The overall objective of the project is to:
1. Access and analyze the obstacles of integration the contents of the international Human Rights conventions into the domestic laws.
2. Identify the ways to overcome the current obstacles.
The project includes the following activities:
1. National workshop: Organizing a one day national workshop for a group of MPs and Lebanese Judges and Lawyers to discuss the current procedure of the law making process in Lebanon, and the ways of integrating the international conventions into the domestic laws after being rectified by the parliament.
2. Conference on the occasion of the international day of human rights
3. Publication: LFPCP will produce a publication at the end of the project compiling the different lectures, papers, interventions, and discussions.
Duration: One year project – 2016.
This project is funded by Konrad Adenauer Stiftung.